Tuesday, October 23, 2007

recipe

so i have a confession to make to all germaphobes. it's not a confession, i guess, if you're not a germaphobe -- it's 'advice'. well i just found an omelet recipe which calls for the separation and then reintigration of the egg white and the yolk. you have to separate them to beat the white to frothiness. this recipe calls for two bowls. well my sense of frugality (read: laziness) made me come up with a new technique which saves the extra bowl. instead of putting the yolks in another bowl, i carefully keep them in the eggshell and put them back in the container. i also like doing this way, because the yolks look so cute sitting in a row. once my whites are frothy, in go my yolks. bowl spared....

p.s. it's a good recipe for all frugal ones out there, which i know is about 97.9% of my family. just requires eggs, bananas, butter or substitute, a fork, some sugar (i use maple syrup) and some salt. oh and a bowl. make the eggy part, make the bananas sweet with carmelization, make an omelet.

i would elaborate but my bananas are getting crispy right now.

No comments: