Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another pregnant post

So it's 3:37 in the morning. We went to bed early; that's a new thing with me. Going to bed early increases the chances of waking up in the middle of the night for a snack and a pee, so here I am. I got a promotion at my job, and am currently in training. It's a pretty fun move, since I will be working with mostly happy people, doing what I like best about my job. Today we were in department specific training going over a computer program that we will be using to log our work. My supervisor also happens to be quite pregnant, due in under a month. Despite any apparent personality differences, then, we obviously have quite a bit in common. This was emphasized today by the fact that we both wore matching silky kimono pregnant shirts. Our manager is also quite pregnant, and she came in at one point, wearing yet another silky floral pregnant shirt that matched my supervisors somewhat. Plus she came bearing ice cream cones.

So you can see the environment at my work is very pregnant-friendly. Which of course is great. It was perfect when at the end of training today my supervisor was going over lessons learned for the day. She says "So, does anyone have anything in the pit of their stomach which is giving them cause for concern?" I give her this look like, um ....that's a funny question and start laughing. She says, "well Heather obviously has something in her stomach to give her something to think about." Everyone started laughing at that point. Much fun. I would say I 'bust a gut' but it's a little too uncomfortable a reference at this point.

1 comment:

Holly G said...

That's a great story.